Design

ONWARD, UPWARD.

December 30, 2013

fleurs

So. 2013.

On the one hand, it’s hard to believe it’s almost over. Doesn’t it seem like there’s more to do?

On the other hand, I’m happy it is.

It was a big year. A lot happened. I turned 30. My little brother got married. My beloved grandmother passed away. I took on a lot more freelance work. ACS got a job in Sarasota.  The lease on the apartment I’ve lived in for almost five years is up, so we took the opportunity to find a new house that we’re moving into on January 1. I spent time with friends. I traveled. I laughed a lot. I cried a lot. I felt like more of an adult than I ever have, even though I think a part of me will always identify with my wide-eyed 18-year-old self.

As you might expect–and as you all probably are, too–I’ve been thinking a lot about what I want 2014 to be like. In many ways, I want to maintain the good habits I put in place for myself this year. There’s stuff I need to work on, too, of course. And I want to devote more time to this space and make it a quality experience for both me as its author and you as its readers. That probably means blogging just a few times a week as opposed to every day, but I think it will ultimately result in better content and more meaningful conversation.

But for now all my things are in boxes, and I’m getting ready to move. Could there be a more perfect metaphor for the end of the year–packing up and putting away, purging the unnecessary, moving on to something new?

Wishing you all a happy, peaceful, love-filled New Year that’s exactly what you want it to be. See you in 2014.

Em
    December 30, 2013 at 11:06 am

ooooh, good luck on the move. I can’t wait to see how your journey in the new house goes. Have a lovely NYE. x

Megan @ Pink O'Clock
      December 30, 2013 at 11:13 am

Aw, thanks, Em! I promise to post lots of pictures.

Happy to New Year to you, friend! xoxo

eileen | leaner by the lake
    December 31, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Wishing you a happy and uneventful move-in 🙂 looks like you’re already underway by the looks of instagram. Looking forward to checking in here more in the new year. xx, e

nanneelizabeth
    December 31, 2013 at 6:57 pm

what a great way to start a new year…a new home and a new beginning with your love!

happy new year! can’t wait to see pictures of your house!

Jenn@NearandFarMontana
    January 4, 2014 at 1:42 am

Moving at the new year is perfect. I did it last year and we’re now at our first year mark of living together next week and you know what, we did it. You will too. It’s a lot all at once this time of things, but seriously, it’s good. I remember mega nerves and stress and being jumpy and snappy for a few weeks because I was freaking out on the inside and not admitting it publicly to anyone, but hey, we made it.

I seriously feel like we need to be friends in real life. I turned 30 this year too and no joke felt more like an adult than ever before. It was awesome and awful all at the same time.

2014 is yours to own lady. You are going to rock it.

SOME THOUGHTS FOR 2014. | Pink O'Clock
    January 10, 2014 at 5:19 am

[…] is about fresh starts in a lot of ways for me–like I wrote in this post, is there a better metaphor for leaving one year behind and saying hello to a new one than […]