Relationships

30 DAYS OF GRATITUDE, DAY 4: SOUP

November 4, 2013

Smitten Kitchen lentil soup

So this is a silly thing, for sure, but today I am grateful for the soup I made for dinner. Mostly because after a long, hard day (that culminated in a cathartic but intense Pure Barre class), it was so nice to come home and chop and saute and simmer a home-cooked meal and just decompress from the past 12 hours. Bonus that it was delicious, too.

Here’s the recipe, in case you’d like to make it yourself. Decompression soup for all!

Photo: Smitten Kitchen

GreenDoorHospitality
    November 5, 2013 at 8:01 am

Hilarious! I do my post this morning and then head over to Bloglovin’ to catch up on things. And here you are thankful for soup — hilarious since guess what I posted about this morning. 😉

I completely agree about being thankful for soup though — we have been eating it like crazy lately! So soothing and delicious this time of year!

Megan @ Pink O'Clock
      November 5, 2013 at 8:58 am

Yay for soup! Also, oh man, I just checked out your recipe and it looks SO good…

eileen | leaner by the lake
    November 5, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Girl, I am always thankful for soup! We’ve got sweet potato chili in the slow cooker right now and I’m just thrilled that I have nothing to do but wait for it to be ready. As Sarah says, I’ll just live my life.

Megan @ Pink O'Clock
      November 5, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Oh, sweet potato chili sounds freakin’ amazing. I hope you love every single last bite!

Sarah | For the Love of Chow
      November 5, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Live your life gurl, then eat that slow-cooked soup!

Sarah | For the Love of Chow
    November 5, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Must. Make. Soup.

Lila
    November 6, 2013 at 10:15 am

Ready? Okay. Rub the insides of a halved sugar pumpkin with olive oil, salt, curry powder, and a little cumin. Roast around 350-400 or so for about an hour, or until the flesh is soft. Scrape it out, toss it in the blender with a little more curry powder and cumin, make puree. Stir the puree into chicken broth (maybe with a little butter or cream if you’re feeling lush) along with a little more curry + cumin to taste, and red pepper flakes or cayenne if you like spice. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a dollop of sour cream. Die happy.