flowers

HOW TO GROW PEONIES.

Peonies. My favorite flower in the world, and yes, maybe a bit of a blogger cliche, but seriously: When these flowers make their appearance at local markets for just a few weeks each spring, I buy as many bouquets of them as I can and they make me so happy. I wish I could have them in my house year-round.

Kinfolk magazine currently has a piece on its website about how to grow peonies, with gorgeous pictures of Salem, OR’s Adelman Peony Gardens. How much do you want to go run through those fields right now? If you’re like me, the answer is “a lot.”

Photos by James Fitzgerald III for Kinfolk.

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

eileen ragan | leaner by the lake
    September 18, 2013 at 10:54 pm

I feel like I’ve been waiting for you to write this post for like ever. Like this blog has been working up to this exact post for some time now. I also ought to tell you that when I see peonies, in addition to monarchs, I 100% think of you (and my dad because he adores peonies, too!).

Stunning photography in that article! Heading over there now to see if I can pass some gardening tips to Dear Dad!

eileen ragan | leaner by the lake

Megan @ Pink O'Clock
      September 19, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Ahh, I love it! And thank you for such a nice comment–I’m so glad we’re Internet friends, E.

Rachel Sedaker
    September 18, 2013 at 11:01 pm

I’ve been to those gardens! They are a peony-lover’s paradise. So timely since now is the time for planting peonies.

Megan @ Pink O'Clock
      September 19, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Oh, man, I’m jealous! The gardens look SO beautiful. I wish peonies could grow in Florida!

Alicia | Jaybird: Home in Motion
    September 19, 2013 at 12:46 am

So gorgeous. Peonies are the perfect mix of hardy and delicate, from the robust thick petals at the bottom to the fluffy ones at the top. Megan, you are such a good curator. Pink O’clock always has gorgeous photographs and curious items/posts from all around the web and world!

Megan @ Pink O'Clock
      September 19, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Aw, what a nice comment! Thank you, Alicia. And so glad you share the peony love. xoxo