Today, just a little list of 10 things that are making me happy:
2. The bright pink roses (eight for $3.99!) from Trader Joe’s that are happily hanging out in a gallon-sized Ball jar on my coffee table.
3. Coffee. I love you, coffee. Particularly the Coava Kilenso beans
I picked up from Perq
4. The memory of the toasted marshmallow milkshake I had this weekend. Oh my God, that was good. A totally-worth-it indulgence and the perfect accompaniment to an awesome burger. (P.S. Here’s a marshmallow shake recipe
I’m dying to try at home on a special occasion.)
5. The tiny bubbles that flew out of the top of the dish soap bottle when I squeezed it this morning. So cute, and really, is there anything happier than a bubble?
6. The weather report for San Diego next week. You guys: Highs in the low 70s, lows in the 60s. Those are, like, late-fall temperatures to this Floridian. The thought of weather like that makes me so happy I want to cry.
7. New books! Three, to be specific: Two Kate Atkinsons and one called Husband and Wife by Leah Stewart. Books are the best.
8. The crazy amounts of rain we’ve been getting lately. This doesn’t make me happy all the time, I admit, but there are some nights when there’s nothing better to do after work than curl up with the kitties, a cup of tea and a book or a movie.
9. My porch garden! The lemons are still growing, and now, thanks to ACS
, I have herbs–thyme, oregano, basil and parsley–and tomatoes. Sadly, I’ve killed all but one of the tomato plants, but the one that’s still alive just sprouted a blossom, so, you know, fingers crossed.
10. Getting to see extended family next week in California, especially in such an unfamiliar location. While I’ve had some mixed feelings about this trip, the excitement about seeing family has definitely not waned. Can’t wait to see them.
What’s been making you happy lately?
Photo of San Diego via. Looking forward to dipping my toes in the Pacific, too.