Food

On breakfast.

April 9, 2013

Greek yogurt, fresh strawberries and a good drizzle of local honey, with a matcha latte on the side: This is the breakfast I can’t get enough of these days. What’s your favorite way to start the day?

P.S. The best pancakes, if you’re feeling indulgent.

Food

On breakfast.

April 9, 2013

P.S. The best pancakes, if you’re feeling indulgent.

Kenley Leigh / Green Door Hospitality
      April 9, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Oh Megan this looks wonderful!! So fresh and delicious — great way to start off the day!
      K

Megan
        April 9, 2013 at 2:56 pm

It’s seriously my favorite thing–so good I can almost convince myself I’m eating ice cream for breakfast!

eileen ragan | leaner by the lake
      April 9, 2013 at 2:14 pm

I’m all about smoothies and juices in the summer. This week it’s orange, grapefruit, ginger, mint, carrot, apple! I’m also a BIG fan of rice cakes with almond butter and sliced banana. Those are my JAM.

Back when I was on a greek yogurt kick – I did a very similar combo, but used blueberries and blackberries. It’s SO GOOD with a little granola and slivered almonds on top. Now I want that…

Megan
        April 9, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Big “yes” to smoothies! I have been loving a combo of frozen strawberries, a banana, lemon juice and coconut milk–so tasty. Rice cakes with almond butter and sliced banana sound so good, too–when I get sick of this breakfast I’m totally going to try that!

eileen ragan | leaner by the lake
        April 10, 2013 at 1:48 am

I think I’ve said this at least three times this week but COCONUT MILK, FTW!

Megan
        April 10, 2013 at 1:49 am

YES! Coconut milk is the best. The best! And almond milk, too. Yum. πŸ™‚

Sarah | For the Love of Chow
      April 9, 2013 at 2:57 pm

This post reminds me that I’ve been out of local honey for far too long! Just added it to my list to grab at the market this week! You cannot go wrong with anything that has local honey drizzled on top.

Megan
        April 9, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Totally agree, Sarah! I drizzle it on everything from fruit to Parmesan cheese (sweet and salty–so good!). Thanks for the comment. πŸ™‚