lately i’ve been feeling a strange combination of nostalgic and optimistic; i’m fairly certain it has something to do with the time of year. but no matter what, planning for future projects and thinking about the past make for an avalanche of thoughts in this head of mine — and probably account for why i was having trouble sleeping last week.
then i read this post on roseline’s gorgeous, always-inspiring blog, this is glamorous, and was struck by the line in which she mentions the things we come back to time and time again (talk about nostalgia). it got me thinking about my own list of those things; the things that i try to look at or read or do as often as possible because they never fail to bring me comfort.
here are a few of them:
- the scent of orange blossoms
- long, meaningful conversations
- my cats purring
- the sound of waves crashing against the shore
- almost famous (“the only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone else when we’re uncool.”)
- siesta key sand between my toes
- salty sea air
- long walks
- vanilla cupcakes
- perfectly worn-in flip-flops
- the sound of my favorite people laughing
- the well-worn, dog-eared pages of my copies of jane eyre, pride & prejudice, little women, nature, leaves of grass, to the lighthouse and persuasion.
- pale pink
how about you — what makes your list?
photo by carrie / alltherage__