five happy incidents from the weekend:
1. barbecue and midnight in paris — which was so beautifully filmed — with my friend steph and her husband, logan, at the coolest little movie theater.
2. an impromptu sunday-morning visit from my parents, who were in nearby st. petersburg for a wedding (yay) that led to pancakes at my favorite breakfast spot (double yay).
3. accomplishing (at least part of) my mission to find some easy-breezy summer dresses on the cheap, because, people: it is too hot for pants.
4. endless sunshine.
5.drinking wine and eating avocados (yes, seriously) and talking-talking-talking with my friend k. at her house. sometimes it’s the little things, you know?
five commitments for the upcoming week:
1. adhere –well, loosely adhere, at least — to whole living‘s “reboot camp.” read more about it here.
2. get the laundry situation under control. yikes. and related: take bagged clothes from last week’s purge to goodwill.
3. start each day with a little pilates.
4. i’m going to recycle one from last week here, but: continue to cut back on the sugar.
5. catch up/make plans with friends i haven’t seen in awhile. (this, of course, is less a commitment than it is something awesome.)
and you? please share!
i snapped the above photo on a sunset stroll last night. sometimes i love sarasota so much it’s almost overwhelming.