i celebrated the fact that we all survived the rapture by hanging out with my friends and drinking wine this weekend. it was glorious.
here are some other glorious tidbits from the past few days:
1. two books finished: the imperfectionists (loved; made me teary; made me think seriously about my career) and the frog king (loved; made me teary; made me think seriously about my life). more on both later this week.
2. a new dress in emerald green, courtesy of my friend k.’s insane thrifting abilities.
3. a perfect saturday night with the aforementioned friends– the kind of night where you laugh a lot and bump into people you know on every corner.
4. fuchsia toenail polish — the perfect color for the beginning of summer. (and also, having the toenail polish applied while chatting with one of my favorite people.)
5. the overwhelming feelings of love i felt for sarasota at certain points throughout the weekend — whether it was looking out at the cityscape from a friend’s downtown balcony or dipping my toes into the salty water of the bay at island park.
and five goals for the week:
1. continue down the path of assertiveness (which, when i put it that way, sounds kind of yoda-ish, but i still want to do it).
2. on the above note, do one thing that scares me.
3. experiment with getting up half an hour earlier in the mornings. this will either (a) work, (b) fail miserably or (c) work but make me very grumpy — but i figure, hey, if i can go off coffee, i can wake up earlier. right?
4. plan out my meals for the week. this makes everything easier and i like the domesticity of it. it’s oddly comforting.
5. work some more on my nascent piece of writing.
and you? i would love to hear, so please share!