i love reading what’s-in-your-bag and what’s-in-your-beauty-cabinet style posts, so i thought i’d do one featuring my spring favorites. i have a pretty simple beauty routine — a little foundation, some blush and mascara, blown-out hair when i have the time — but i feel like lately i’ve found the products that really work for me.
1. mario badescu enzyme cleansing gel: i use this in the morning and it wakes up my skin really nicely. i find that as an end-of-day, makeup-removing product it’s not fantastic (for me, at least), but in the morning it’s perfect.
2. kiehls ultra facial products: i use these at night (i got them as part of a travel set, as a gift) to remove the day’s makeup, tone and moisturize, and i love them. so gentle. plus they last forever.
3. jo malone orange blossom perfume: this scent is like the best of florida in a bottle — it truly smells like orange blossoms and i love it. i had been using issey miyake for awhile — and i still use miss dior cherie for special, particularly girly occasions — but this is my new, hands-down favorite.
4. moroccanoil: smells great and works even better — whenever i use it, my hair is softer and shinier. also, even though it’s expensive, it lasts forever. i’m still less than halfway through a bottle i bought last mid-year last year.
5. fekkai glossing shampoo and conditioner: i got some samples of this and my hair just drinks it up. coupled with the moroccanoil, it’s perfect. plus, it smells great.
6. bare minerals makeup: i have finicky, sensitive skin, and this is my product of choice. it’s light but not drying and they actually make it in a shade that perfectly matches my incredibly white skin.
7. nars blush in super orgasm: my aunt bought this and didn’t like it (!), so she gave it to me and i love it–and the little hint of sparkle it provides.
8. josie maran lip & cheek stain in jive: i bought this a few months ago and it’s totally worth it. it somehow manages to be super-saturated and moisturizing. it’s a little too bright for me to feel comfortable wearing every day, but on mornings when i need a pick-me-up or nights when i’m going out, it’s perfect.
9. cover girl lash blast mascara (orange tube): best mascara i’ve ever used, hands-down. it’s amazing. thickening and lengthening.
and you? what are your favorite beauty products right now? please share, i very unabashedly love this stuff.