Food Relationships Travel

what are you doing this weekend?

February 18, 2011

happy friday, friends! did you have a good week? i did — i spent much of it working and working out, cooking and cleaning and getting things in order. so, yes: a good week. plus, the weather has been insanely beautiful here — 75 degrees and sunny every day. my friend/coworker h. and i have a habit of taking 15-minute afternoon walks, and i swear the sunshine has been like an instant shot of happy. this time of year is exactly why i love florida.

and i’ll have extra time to enjoy sarasota this weekend, because i have monday off for presidents’ day. i’m going to a friend’s baby shower tomorrow morning (i’m still not used to my friends having babies), and then a dinner party tomorrow night, to which i think i’m bringing this cake (i love your recipes, ina). i also want to write up all the recipes and stories i’ve been meaning to post on my sadly neglected baking blog and figure out a way to catalog them in this space (easier and more user-friendly), and of course spend time with friends and get in some exercise. i may or may not post on monday; if i don’t, i’ll definitely see you back here tuesday.

and please do tell me your plans for the weekend, too — whatever you’re doing, i hope you have a fantastic time doing it! xoxo

image via

Katy
    February 18, 2011 at 1:03 pm

So jealous you are in florida! Bet your having a ball. I am going to visit in May. I think I am just going to take it easy this weekend. Maybe do a little reading & ofcoarse blog. Probably chill with the bf. Enjoy FL!

megan
    February 18, 2011 at 5:47 pm

thanks, katy — it is pretty lovely here right now, and it should be great when you’re here in may, too! have a wonderful weekend! :)xo

Kimberly Julie
    February 18, 2011 at 5:54 pm

georgia is such a delight this time of year as well! that groundhog was right… this early warm weather is unparalleled! (and much needed.)

i am working all weekend, but enjoy the lovely weather! xo.

liza
    February 18, 2011 at 6:09 pm

It sounds like it will be a great weekend, Megan! I envy your weather!

liza
    February 18, 2011 at 6:10 pm

ps – what a gorgeous photograph, too. Thank you for it!

rachel
    February 20, 2011 at 8:22 pm

yum — how did your cake turn out? my go-to chocolate cake recipe is this one: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/simple-n-delicious-chocolate-cake/Detail.aspx

happy sunday, megan!

tsaulter
    February 21, 2011 at 12:46 am

I’m spending this weekend camping and canoeing with some friends in North Florida. Hopefully it’ll give me the energy boost to get to work on stuff when I get home!